Glebe Way Level Crossing
Glebe Way Level Crossing Location Map
Glebe Way Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.3534 / 51°21'12"N
Longitude: 1.0217 / 1°1'17"E
OS Eastings: 610495
OS Northings: 165921
OS Grid: TR104659
Mapcode National: GBR TX7.13T
Mapcode Global: VHKJR.N7GV
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Glebe Way Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Glebe Way
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Canterbury District (B)
- Postcode: CT5 1DH
- Route: Kent
- ELR: VIR
- Distance: 58 miles 35 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
3 (Very High)
- Last assessment: August 2014
- Next assessment due: November 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 65 mph
- Trains per day: 86
- 162 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2014), - 2 incidents since.
- Near-miss history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2014), - 1 incident since.
- Key risk factors:
- Frequent Trains
- Large Numbers of users
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
UK Parliament Constituency: Canterbury
District Council: Canterbury City Council
District Council Ward: Gorrell
County Council: Kent County Council
European Region: South East
County Council Electoral Division: Whitstable
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.