Golden Square Level Crossing
Mount Bures, Essex
Golden Square Level Crossing Location Map
Golden Square Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.9405 / 51°56'25"N
Longitude: 0.7679 / 0°46'4"E
OS Eastings: 590350
OS Northings: 230506
OS Grid: TL903305
Mapcode National: GBR RL2.8Y4
Mapcode Global: VHKFQ.8H98
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Golden Square Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Golden Square
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Mount Bures CP
- Postcode: CO6 2AR
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: SUD0
- Distance: 51 miles 27 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: March 2020
- Next assessment due: June 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 50
- Trains per day: 40
- Infrequent Pedestrian use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate Misuse or User Error
- Current protection arrangements:
District Council: Colchester Borough Council
County Council Electoral Division: Constable
European Region: Eastern
County Council: Essex County Council
District Council Ward: Great Tey
UK Parliament Constituency: Harwich and North Essex
Civil Parish/community: Mount Bures
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.