Gonalston Level Crossing
Gonalston Level Crossing Location Map
Gonalston Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 53.0147 / 53°0'53"N
Longitude: -0.9844 / 0°59'3"W
OS Eastings: 468230
OS Northings: 346863
OS Grid: SK682468
Mapcode National: GBR 9JB.XM9
Mapcode Global: WHFHS.VHD5
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Gonalston Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Gonalston
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Gonalston CP
- Postcode: NG147JJ
- Route: Midland and Continental
- ELR: NOB1
- Distance: 8 miles 15 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: November 2015
- Next assessment due: February 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 60 mph
- Trains per day: 70
- 1 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
District Council Ward: Dover Beck
European Region: East Midlands
County Council Electoral Division: Farnsfield and Lowdham
Civil Parish/community: Gonalston
UK Parliament Constituency: Newark
District Council: Newark and Sherwood District Council
County Council: Nottinghamshire County Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.