Grain Level Crossing
Isle of Grain, Medway
Grain Level Crossing Location Map
Grain Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.446 / 51°26'45"N
Longitude: 0.6797 / 0°40'46"E
OS Eastings: 586308
OS Northings: 175295
OS Grid: TQ863752
Mapcode National: GBR QQM.BN8
Mapcode Global: VHJLJ.QXNC
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Grain Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Grain
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manned Gates
- Location: Isle of Grain CP
- Postcode: ME3 0HA
- Route: Kent
- ELR: HTG
- Distance: 38 miles 22 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: February 2014
- Next assessment due: May 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 40 mph
- Trains per day: 4
- 4863 Vehicles
- 52 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 19 incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - 1 incident since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Infrequent Trains
- Large Numbers of users
- Current protection arrangements:
Civil Parish/community: Isle of Grain
Unitary Authority: Medway Council
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Peninsula
UK Parliament Constituency: Rochester and Strood
European Region: South East
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.