Grants Lane Level Crossing
Grants Lane Level Crossing Location Map
Grants Lane Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.2284 / 51°13'42"N
Longitude: 0.0273 / 0°1'38"E
OS Eastings: 541650
OS Northings: 149648
OS Grid: TQ416496
Mapcode National: GBR LLZ.V0T
Mapcode Global: VHHPW.FD93
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Grants Lane Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Grants Lane
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Limpsfield CP
- Postcode: RH8 0RH
- Route: Sussex
- ELR: SCU1
- Distance: 22 miles 65 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: April 2014
- Next assessment due: July 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 58
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approach in one direction - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
UK Parliament Constituency: East Surrey
Civil Parish/community: Limpsfield
District Council Ward: Limpsfield
County Council Electoral Division: Oxted
European Region: South East
County Council: Surrey County Council
District Council: Tandridge District Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.