Gravel Pit Level Crossing
Oulton Broad, Suffolk
Gravel Pit Level Crossing Location Map
Gravel Pit Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.4767 / 52°28'36"N
Longitude: 1.715 / 1°42'54"E
OS Eastings: 652379
OS Northings: 293023
OS Grid: TM523930
Mapcode National: GBR YT8.NFV
Mapcode Global: VHM6M.P01N
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Gravel Pit Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Gravel Pit
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Barriers
- Location: Waveney District
- Postcode: NR323LP
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: ESK
- Distance: 116 miles 12 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
3 (Very High)
- Last assessment: December 2015
- Next assessment due: March 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 25 mph
- Trains per day: 33
- 1245 Vehicles
- 288 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Frequent Trains
- Large Numbers of HGVs
- Current protection arrangements:
European Region: Eastern
County Council Electoral Division: Oulton
District Council Ward: Oulton Broad
County Council: Suffolk County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Waveney
District Council: Waveney District Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.