Grays Level Crossing
Grays Riverside, Thurrock
Grays Level Crossing Location Map
Grays Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.4763 / 51°28'34"N
Longitude: 0.3228 / 0°19'22"E
OS Eastings: 561407
OS Northings: 177816
OS Grid: TQ614778
Mapcode National: GBR YS.N1V
Mapcode Global: VHHNW.K503
- Name: Grays
- Crossing Type: Public Manned Barriers CCTV Monitored
- Location: Thurrock (B)
- Postcode: RM176NN
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: TLL
- Distance: 19 miles 76 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
1 (Extremely High)
- Last assessment: February 2015
- Next assessment due: May 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 60 mph
- Trains per day: 149
- Infrequent Vehicle use
- 8806 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 65 incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - 124 incidents since.
- Near-miss history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: 2 incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - 5 incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Crossing is near station
- Frequent Trains
- Large Numbers of users
- Current protection arrangements:
- Train signalling protection
- CCTV monitoring by Signaller
- Full barrier equipment
- Road traffic light signals
- Audible alarm
European Region: Eastern
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Grays Riverside
UK Parliament Constituency: Thurrock
Unitary Authority: Thurrock Borough Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.