Great Bradford Wood Level Crossing
Great Bradford Wood Level Crossing Location Map
Great Bradford Wood Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.3397 / 51°20'22"N
Longitude: -2.2205 / 2°13'13"W
OS Eastings: 384733
OS Northings: 160089
OS Grid: ST847600
Mapcode National: GBR 1SD.WZN
Mapcode Global: VH96W.GLFC
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Great Bradford Wood Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Great Bradford Wood
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Holt CP
- Postcode: BA146NU
- Route: Western
- ELR: BFB
- Distance: 8 miles 48 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: August 2014
- Next assessment due: November 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 87
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Frequent Trains
- Low Sighting Time
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
UK Parliament Constituency: Chippenham
Civil Parish/community: Holt
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Holt and Staverton
European Region: South West
Unitary Authority: Wiltshire Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.