Grives Lane Level Crossing
Kirkby Cross & Portland, Nottinghamshire
Grives Lane Level Crossing Location Map
Grives Lane Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 53.0889 / 53°5'19"N
Longitude: -1.2453 / 1°14'43"W
OS Eastings: 450639
OS Northings: 354892
OS Grid: SK506548
Mapcode National: GBR 8FW.9ZH
Mapcode Global: WHDG4.VM5C
- Name: Grives Lane
- Crossing Type: Private Automatic Half Barriers
- Location: Ashfield District
- Postcode: NG177EQ
- Route: Midland and Continental
- ELR: RAC0
- Distance: 135 miles 74 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: March 2020
- Next assessment due: June 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70
- Trains per day: 53
- 81 Vehicles
- 135 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2014), - 1 incident since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2014), - 1 incident since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Road traffic light signals
- Half barrier equipment
- Audible alarm
UK Parliament Constituency: Ashfield
District Council: Ashfield District Council
European Region: East Midlands
District Council Ward: Kirkby Cross & Portland
County Council Electoral Division: Kirkby in Ashfield South
County Council: Nottinghamshire County Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.