Gwinear Road Level Crossing
Gwinear Road Level Crossing Location Map
Gwinear Road Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.1971 / 50°11'49"N
Longitude: -5.3467 / 5°20'47"W
OS Eastings: 161249
OS Northings: 38366
OS Grid: SW612383
Mapcode National: GBR FX55.3QQ
Mapcode Global: VH12P.89SS
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Gwinear Road Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Gwinear Road
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Half Barriers
- Location: Gwinear-Gwithian CP
- Postcode: TR275JH
- Route: Western
- ELR: MLN4
- Distance: 315 miles 73 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: September 2020
- Next assessment due: December 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 50
- Trains per day: 46
- 2290 Vehicles
- 75 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 3 incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - 2 incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Crossing Approach
- Large Numbers of Users
- Current protection arrangements:
- Road traffic light signals
- Half barrier equipment
- Audible alarm
UK Parliament Constituency: Camborne and Redruth
Unitary Authority: Cornwall Council
Civil Parish/community: Gwinear-Gwithian
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Gwinear-Gwithian and St Erth
European Region: South West
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.