Halkirk Level Crossing
Landward Caithness, Highland
Halkirk Level Crossing Location Map
Halkirk Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 58.5046 / 58°30'16"N
Longitude: -3.4907 / 3°29'26"W
OS Eastings: 313232
OS Northings: 958343
OS Grid: ND132583
Mapcode National: GBR K6R7.V0G
Mapcode Global: WH5BY.CH0N
- Name: Halkirk
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Barriers
- Location: Highland
- Postcode: KW126YG
- Route: Scotland
- ELR: WCK
- Distance: 145 miles 59 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: July 2015
- Next assessment due: October 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 50 mph
- Trains per day: 9
- 1161 Vehicles
- 54 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Infrequent Trains
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross
Scottish Parliament Constituency: Caithness, Sutherland and Ross
Unitary Authority: Highland Council
Scottish Parliament Region: Highlands and Islands
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Landward Caithness
European Region: Scotland
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.