Hammer Lane Level Crossing
Linchmere, West Sussex
Hammer Lane Level Crossing Location Map
Hammer Lane Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.085 / 51°5'5"N
Longitude: -0.7627 / 0°45'45"W
OS Eastings: 486756
OS Northings: 132466
OS Grid: SU867324
Mapcode National: GBR DCQ.S0R
Mapcode Global: FRA 9698.0P2
- Name: Hammer Lane
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing with Whistleboards
- Location: Linchmere CP
- Postcode: GU273DE
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: WPH1
- Distance: 44 miles 73 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: May 2020
- Next assessment due: August 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 85
- Trains per day: 138
- 14 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
- Gates or stiles
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (06:00 to 23:59)
UK Parliament Constituency: Chichester
District Council: Chichester District Council
County Council Electoral Division: Fernhurst
District Council Ward: Fernhurst
Civil Parish/community: Linchmere
European Region: South East
County Council: West Sussex County Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.