Hawkeridge Level Crossing
Hawkeridge Level Crossing Location Map
Hawkeridge Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.2769 / 51°16'36"N
Longitude: -2.1914 / 2°11'29"W
OS Eastings: 386742
OS Northings: 153105
OS Grid: ST867531
Mapcode National: GBR 1T6.YKC
Mapcode Global: VH978.Y5TF
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Hawkeridge Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Hawkeridge
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Heywood CP
- Postcode: BA134LD
- Route: Western
- ELR: WEY
- Distance: 108 miles 78 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: August 2014
- Next assessment due: November 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 60 mph (up)
70 mph (down)
- Trains per day: 135
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: 2 incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approach in one direction - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Ethandune
Civil Parish/community: Heywood
European Region: South West
UK Parliament Constituency: South West Wiltshire
Unitary Authority: Wiltshire Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.