Haxby Road Level Crossing
New Earswick, York
Haxby Road Level Crossing Location Map
Haxby Road Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 54.0044 / 54°0'15"N
Longitude: -1.0735 / 1°4'24"W
OS Eastings: 460821
OS Northings: 456879
OS Grid: SE608568
Mapcode National: GBR NQY4.C9
Mapcode Global: WHFBX.HM01
- Name: Haxby Road
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manned Barriers CCTV Monitored
- Location: New Earswick CP
- Postcode: YO323HQ
- Route: London North East
- ELR: YMS
- Distance: 3 miles 27 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: February 2015
- Next assessment due: May 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 34
- 14850 Vehicles
- 540 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - 1 incident since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Sun Glare
- Crossing Approach
- Large Numbers of users
- Current protection arrangements:
- Train signalling protection
- CCTV monitoring by Signaller
- Full barrier equipment
- Road traffic light signals
- Audible alarm
Unitary Authority: City of York Council
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Huntington & New Earswick
Civil Parish/community: New Earswick
UK Parliament Constituency: York Outer
European Region: Yorkshire and the Humber
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.