Haywards Level Crossing
Haywards Level Crossing Location Map
Haywards Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.0909 / 52°5'27"N
Longitude: 1.3198 / 1°19'11"E
OS Eastings: 627517
OS Northings: 248822
OS Grid: TM275488
Mapcode National: GBR WQ5.Y89
Mapcode Global: VHLBP.TPLY
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Haywards Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Haywards
- Crossing Type: Private Automatic Barriers
- Location: Woodbridge CP
- Postcode: IP121BP
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: ESK
- Distance: 79 miles 7 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: November 2015
- Next assessment due: February 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 15 mph
- Trains per day: 35
- 378 Vehicles
- 297 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Large Numbers of HGVs
- RD Visibility
- Sun Glare
- Frequent Trains
- Crossing Approach
- Current protection arrangements:
European Region: Eastern
UK Parliament Constituency: Suffolk Coastal
District Council: Suffolk Coastal District Council
County Council: Suffolk County Council
Civil Parish/community: Woodbridge
County Council Electoral Division: Woodbridge
District Council Ward: Woodbridge
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.