Henham Level Crossing
Henham Level Crossing Location Map
Henham Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.9514 / 51°57'5"N
Longitude: 0.2182 / 0°13'5"E
OS Eastings: 552539
OS Northings: 230430
OS Grid: TL525304
Mapcode National: GBR MCV.N06
Mapcode Global: VHHLH.Q6QV
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Henham Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Henham
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Widdington CP
- Postcode: CB113XP
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: BGK
- Distance: 37 miles 72 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: July 2015
- Next assessment due: October 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 153
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Sun Glare
- Frequent Trains
- Low Sighting Time
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
European Region: Eastern
County Council: Essex County Council
District Council Ward: Newport
UK Parliament Constituency: Saffron Walden
County Council Electoral Division: Stansted
District Council: Uttlesford District Council
Civil Parish/community: Widdington
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.