Hepscott Level Crossing
Hepscott Level Crossing Location Map
Hepscott Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 55.1541 / 55°9'14"N
Longitude: -1.6524 / 1°39'8"W
OS Eastings: 422247
OS Northings: 584477
OS Grid: NZ222844
Mapcode National: GBR J8XV.16
Mapcode Global: WHC2R.LQB4
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Hepscott Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Hepscott
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Half Barriers
- Location: Hepscott CP
- Postcode: NE616LW
- Route: London North East
- ELR: EJM0
- Distance: 19 miles 21 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: October 2020
- Next assessment due: January 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 60
- Trains per day: 1
- 162 Vehicles
- 54 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Infrequent Trains
- Crossing Approach
- Current protection arrangements:
- Road traffic light signals
- Half barrier equipment
- Audible alarm
Civil Parish/community: Hepscott
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Longhorsley
European Region: North East
Unitary Authority: Northumberland County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Wansbeck
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.