Herne Bay Station Level Crossing
Herne Bay Station Level Crossing Location Map
Herne Bay Station Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.3643 / 51°21'51"N
Longitude: 1.1155 / 1°6'55"E
OS Eastings: 616974
OS Northings: 167410
OS Grid: TR169674
Mapcode National: GBR TX5.DVF
Mapcode Global: VHLG2.9Z20
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Herne Bay Station Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Herne Bay Station
- Crossing Type: Used By Rail Staff Station footpath or Barrow Crossing
- Location: Canterbury District (B)
- Postcode: CT6 8QN
- Route: Kent
- ELR: VIR
- Distance: 62 miles 60 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
13 (Extremely Low)
- Last assessment: February 2013
- Next assessment due: January 0001
- Types of trains: Passenger
- Line speed: 85 mph
- Trains per day: 95
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
District Council: Canterbury City Council
County Council Electoral Division: Herne Bay
District Council Ward: Heron
County Council: Kent County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: North Thanet
European Region: South East
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.