Hibaldstow Level Crossing
Scawby, North Lincolnshire
Hibaldstow Level Crossing Location Map
Hibaldstow Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 53.5295 / 53°31'46"N
Longitude: -0.5212 / 0°31'16"W
OS Eastings: 498123
OS Northings: 404670
OS Grid: SE981046
Mapcode National: GBR SWSM.ZH
Mapcode Global: WHGGM.ZK01
- Name: Hibaldstow
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Half Barriers
- Location: Scawby CP
- Postcode: DN209EJ
- Route: London North East
- ELR: MAC3
- Distance: 89 miles 3 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: June 2014
- Next assessment due: September 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 40 mph
- Trains per day: 11
- 3240 Vehicles
- 41 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2014), - 1 incident since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Large Numbers of users
- Sun Glare
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Current protection arrangements:
- Half barrier equipment
- Road traffic light signals
- Audible alarm
Unitary Authority: North Lincolnshire Council
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Ridge
Civil Parish/community: Scawby
UK Parliament Constituency: Scunthorpe
European Region: Yorkshire and the Humber
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.