Hicks Level Crossing
Great Cornard, Suffolk
Hicks Level Crossing Location Map
Hicks Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.0327 / 52°1'57"N
Longitude: 0.7422 / 0°44'31"E
OS Eastings: 588201
OS Northings: 240692
OS Grid: TL882406
Mapcode National: GBR RJW.GH1
Mapcode Global: VHKF9.T57K
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Hicks Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Hicks
- Crossing Type: Private Footpath Crossing
- Location: Great Cornard CP
- Postcode: CO100EH
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: SUD
- Distance: 58 miles 0 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: December 2014
- Next assessment due: March 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 50 mph
- Trains per day: 38
- 46 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Large Numbers of users
- Current protection arrangements:
District Council: Babergh District Council
European Region: Eastern
Civil Parish/community: Great Cornard
County Council Electoral Division: Great Cornard
District Council Ward: Great Cornard North
UK Parliament Constituency: South Suffolk
County Council: Suffolk County Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.