Higher Barn Level Crossing
Higher Barn Level Crossing Location Map
Higher Barn Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.7011 / 50°42'3"N
Longitude: -2.3457 / 2°20'44"W
OS Eastings: 375682
OS Northings: 89102
OS Grid: SY756891
Mapcode National: GBR 0ZN.V3M
Mapcode Global: FRA 57Z7.1ZJ
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Higher Barn Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Higher Barn
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Woodsford CP
- Postcode: DT2 8BT
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: BML2
- Distance: 131 miles 57 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: May 2014
- Next assessment due: August 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 80 mph
- Trains per day: 71
- 5 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
County Council: Dorset County Council
County Council Electoral Division: Linden Lea
District Council Ward: Puddletown
UK Parliament Constituency: South Dorset
European Region: South West
District Council: West Dorset District Council
Civil Parish/community: Woodsford
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.