Hilton Level Crossing
Hilton Level Crossing Location Map
Hilton Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.863 / 52°51'46"N
Longitude: -1.6142 / 1°36'51"W
OS Eastings: 426069
OS Northings: 329567
OS Grid: SK260295
Mapcode National: GBR 5D4.DQL
Mapcode Global: WHCG0.59LJ
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Hilton Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Hilton
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manually Controlled Gates
- Location: Hilton CP
- Postcode: DE656GU
- Route: Midland and Continental
- ELR: NSS0
- Distance: 27 miles 8 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: October 2020
- Next assessment due: January 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70
- Trains per day: 34
- 4104 Vehicles
- 54 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 3 incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2014), - 2 incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2014), - 1 incident since.
- Key risk factors:
- Crossing Approach
- Large Numbers of Users
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
- Controlled by Signaller
County Council: Derbyshire County Council
European Region: East Midlands
Civil Parish/community: Hilton
County Council Electoral Division: Hilton
District Council Ward: Hilton
UK Parliament Constituency: South Derbyshire
District Council: South Derbyshire District Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.