Hogwell Level Crossing
Stow Maries, Essex
Hogwell Level Crossing Location Map
Hogwell Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.6497 / 51°38'59"N
Longitude: 0.6378 / 0°38'15"E
OS Eastings: 582580
OS Northings: 197844
OS Grid: TQ825978
Mapcode National: GBR QN2.D2Y
Mapcode Global: VHJKK.0SHP
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Hogwell Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Hogwell
- Crossing Type: Private Footpath Crossing
- Location: Stow Maries CP
- Postcode: CM3 6SE
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: WIS
- Distance: 35 miles 33 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: October 2013
- Next assessment due: January 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 60 mph
- Trains per day: 56
- 2 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
European Region: Eastern
County Council: Essex County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Maldon
County Council Electoral Division: Maldon
District Council: Maldon District Council
District Council Ward: Purleigh
Civil Parish/community: Stow Maries
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.