Holmbush Level Crossing
St Austell, Cornwall
Holmbush Level Crossing Location Map
Holmbush Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.338 / 50°20'16"N
Longitude: -4.7627 / 4°45'45"W
OS Eastings: 203498
OS Northings: 52326
OS Grid: SX034523
Mapcode National: GBR N1.X0FN
Mapcode Global: FRA 08X4.NB7
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Holmbush Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Holmbush
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: St. Austell CP
- Postcode: PL253GU
- Route: Western
- ELR: MLN
- Distance: 285 miles 12 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: October 2014
- Next assessment due: January 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 65 mph
- Trains per day: 44
- 71 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Large Numbers of users
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
Unitary Authority: Cornwall Council
European Region: South West
Civil Parish/community: St Austell
UK Parliament Constituency: St Austell and Newquay
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): St Austell Bay
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.