Holywell Level Crossing
Holywell Level Crossing Location Map
Holywell Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.4186 / 50°25'6"N
Longitude: -4.8384 / 4°50'18"W
OS Eastings: 198458
OS Northings: 61487
OS Grid: SW984614
Mapcode National: GBR ZT.HQDV
Mapcode Global: FRA 07RY.8W2
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Holywell Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Holywell
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: Roche CP
- Postcode: PL268LT
- Route: Western
- ELR: NEW
- Distance: 290 miles 68 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: July 2015
- Next assessment due: October 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 40 mph
- Trains per day: 14
- 6 Vehicles
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- No key risk drivers identified
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
Unitary Authority: Cornwall Council
Civil Parish/community: Roche
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Roche
European Region: South West
UK Parliament Constituency: St Austell and Newquay
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.