Hoy Level Crossing
Landward Caithness, Highland
Hoy Level Crossing Location Map
Hoy Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 58.5232 / 58°31'23"N
Longitude: -3.4645 / 3°27'52"W
OS Eastings: 314801
OS Northings: 960385
OS Grid: ND148603
Mapcode National: GBR K6T6.7PN
Mapcode Global: WH5BY.R1FB
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Hoy Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Hoy
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Barriers
- Location: Highland
- Postcode: KW126UU
- Route: Scotland
- ELR: TSO
- Distance: 0 miles 72 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: March 2014
- Next assessment due: June 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 40 mph
- Trains per day: 17
- 1377 Vehicles
- 27 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2014), - 1 incident since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Crossing Approach
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross
Scottish Parliament Constituency: Caithness, Sutherland and Ross
Unitary Authority: Highland Council
Scottish Parliament Region: Highlands and Islands
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Landward Caithness
European Region: Scotland
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.