Hurdcott Lodge Level Crossing
Barford St Martin, Wiltshire
Hurdcott Lodge Level Crossing Location Map
Hurdcott Lodge Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.0837 / 51°5'1"N
Longitude: -1.9431 / 1°56'35"W
OS Eastings: 404081
OS Northings: 131598
OS Grid: SU040315
Mapcode National: GBR 3ZJ.TW0
Mapcode Global: FRA 66T8.2V1
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Hurdcott Lodge Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Hurdcott Lodge
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Minature Stop lights
- Location: Barford St. Martin CP
- Postcode: SP3 4AP
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: BAE2
- Distance: 89 miles 74 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: April 2015
- Next assessment due: July 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger
- Line speed: 85 mph
- Trains per day: 61
- 6 Vehicles
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: 2 incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Gates Open
- Low Sighting Time
- Current protection arrangements:
Civil Parish/community: Barford St Martin
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Nadder and East Knoyle
European Region: South West
UK Parliament Constituency: South West Wiltshire
Unitary Authority: Wiltshire Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.