Island Level Crossing
Island Level Crossing Location Map
Island Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.002 / 52°0'7"N
Longitude: 1.0916 / 1°5'29"E
OS Eastings: 612308
OS Northings: 238241
OS Grid: TM123382
Mapcode National: GBR TND.DTK
Mapcode Global: VHLBY.VYY4
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Island Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Island
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Bentley CP
- Postcode: IP9 2LP
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: LTN1
- Distance: 64 miles 4 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: July 2014
- Next assessment due: October 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 100 mph
- Trains per day: 286
- 2 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Frequent Trains
- Low Sighting Time
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
District Council: Babergh District Council
Civil Parish/community: Bentley
District Council Ward: Dodnash
European Region: Eastern
County Council Electoral Division: Samford
UK Parliament Constituency: South Suffolk
County Council: Suffolk County Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.