Jefferies Level Crossing
The Homesteads, Thurrock
Jefferies Level Crossing Location Map
Jefferies Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.5248 / 51°31'29"N
Longitude: 0.4263 / 0°25'34"E
OS Eastings: 568415
OS Northings: 183441
OS Grid: TQ684834
Mapcode National: GBR NLP.6MJ
Mapcode Global: VHJL0.BXQZ
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Jefferies Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Jefferies
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Thurrock (B)
- Postcode: SS178BA
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: TLL
- Distance: 28 miles 2 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: January 2015
- Next assessment due: April 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 136
- 54 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Large Numbers of users
- Sun Glare
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
European Region: Eastern
UK Parliament Constituency: South Basildon and East Thurrock
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): The Homesteads
Unitary Authority: Thurrock Borough Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.