Kings Head Level Crossing
Risca West, Caerphilly
Kings Head Level Crossing Location Map
Kings Head Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.618 / 51°37'4"N
Longitude: -3.1148 / 3°6'53"W
OS Eastings: 322912
OS Northings: 191604
OS Grid: ST229916
Mapcode National: GBR J0.9C72
Mapcode Global: VH6DN.YLPJ
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Kings Head Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Kings Head
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Crosskeys Community
- Postcode: NP117AH
- Route: Wales
- ELR: WVL0
- Distance: 6 miles 45 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: July 2020
- Next assessment due: October 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 30
- Trains per day: 36
- 76 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Large Numbers of Users
- Deliberate Misuse or User Error
- Current protection arrangements:
Unitary Authority: Caerphilly Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Islwyn
Welsh Assembly Constituency: Islwyn
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Risca West
Civil Parish/community: Risca West Community
Welsh Assembly Region: South Wales East
European Region: Wales
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.