Kings Level Crossing
Kings Level Crossing Location Map
Kings Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.4406 / 51°26'26"N
Longitude: 0.46 / 0°27'36"E
OS Eastings: 571066
OS Northings: 174156
OS Grid: TQ710741
Mapcode National: GBR PP0.P3K
Mapcode Global: VHJLL.X1KZ
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Kings Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Kings
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Higham CP
- Postcode: ME3 7HX
- Route: Kent
- ELR: HTG
- Distance: 28 miles 7 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
12 (Very Low)
- Last assessment: November 2015
- Next assessment due: February 2019
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 40 mph
- Trains per day: 8
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Infrequent Trains
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Gravesham
District Council: Gravesham Borough Council
County Council Electoral Division: Gravesham Rural
Civil Parish/community: Higham
District Council Ward: Higham
County Council: Kent County Council
European Region: South East
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.