Knighton Level Crossing
West Knighton, Dorset
Knighton Level Crossing Location Map
Knighton Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.7024 / 50°42'8"N
Longitude: -2.3629 / 2°21'46"W
OS Eastings: 374465
OS Northings: 89260
OS Grid: SY744892
Mapcode National: GBR 0ZM.WZ7
Mapcode Global: FRA 57Y7.180
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Knighton Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Knighton
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: West Knighton CP
- Postcode: DT2 8PB
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: BML2
- Distance: 132 miles 38 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: April 2020
- Next assessment due: July 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 85
- Trains per day: 67
- 4 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
District Council Ward: Broadmayne & Crossways
County Council: Dorset County Council
County Council Electoral Division: Linden Lea
European Region: South West
UK Parliament Constituency: West Dorset
District Council: West Dorset District Council
Civil Parish/community: West Knighton
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.