Knodishall Level Crossing
Knodishall Level Crossing Location Map
Knodishall Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.2213 / 52°13'16"N
Longitude: 1.5209 / 1°31'15"E
OS Eastings: 640581
OS Northings: 263959
OS Grid: TM405639
Mapcode National: GBR XQ7.MBL
Mapcode Global: VHM7P.9FWJ
- Name: Knodishall
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manned Gates
- Location: Knodishall CP
- Postcode: IP172PN
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: SIZ
- Distance: 92 miles 49 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: June 2015
- Next assessment due: September 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 25 mph
- Trains per day: 2
- 108 Vehicles
- 54 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Infrequent Trains
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
District Council Ward: Aldeburgh
County Council Electoral Division: Aldeburgh and Leiston
European Region: Eastern
Civil Parish/community: Knodishall
UK Parliament Constituency: Suffolk Coastal
District Council: Suffolk Coastal District Council
County Council: Suffolk County Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.