Lake Lane Level Crossing
Yapton, West Sussex
Lake Lane Level Crossing Location Map
Lake Lane Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.8308 / 50°49'50"N
Longitude: -0.6139 / 0°36'49"W
OS Eastings: 497714
OS Northings: 104388
OS Grid: SU977043
Mapcode National: GBR FJB.TWF
Mapcode Global: FRA 96LW.YG2
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Lake Lane Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Lake Lane
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Yapton CP
- Postcode: BN180DR
- Route: Sussex
- ELR: TBH2
- Distance: 21 miles 18 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: February 2014
- Next assessment due: May 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph (up)
65 mph (down)
- Trains per day: 306
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Frequent Trains
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
District Council: Arun District Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Bognor Regis and Littlehampton
County Council Electoral Division: Middleton
European Region: South East
County Council: West Sussex County Council
Civil Parish/community: Yapton
District Council Ward: Yapton
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.