Langford Lane Level Crossing
Langford Lane Level Crossing Location Map
Langford Lane Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.8786 / 51°52'42"N
Longitude: -1.1652 / 1°9'54"W
OS Eastings: 457563
OS Northings: 220331
OS Grid: SP575203
Mapcode National: GBR 8XQ.08Q
Mapcode Global: VHCX9.R1CQ
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Langford Lane Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Langford Lane
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Open Crossing
- Location: Chesterton CP
- Postcode: OX252PA
- Route: London North West
- ELR: OXD
- Distance: 20 miles 52 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: February 2014
- Next assessment due: May 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 35 mph
- Trains per day: 2
- 189 Vehicles
- 27 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Infrequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
District Council Ward: Ambrosden and Chesterton
UK Parliament Constituency: Banbury
District Council: Cherwell District Council
Civil Parish/community: Chesterton
County Council: Oxfordshire County Council
County Council Electoral Division: Ploughley
European Region: South East
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.