Leigh Level Crossing
Leigh Level Crossing Location Map
Leigh Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.9196 / 52°55'10"N
Longitude: -1.9808 / 1°58'51"W
OS Eastings: 401384
OS Northings: 335802
OS Grid: SK013358
Mapcode National: GBR 26W.XPN
Mapcode Global: WHBD9.JWY3
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Leigh Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Leigh
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Leigh CP
- Postcode: ST104NX
- Route: Midland and Continental
- ELR: NSS0
- Distance: 10 miles 18 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
11 (Very Low)
- Last assessment: September 2020
- Next assessment due: December 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70
- Trains per day: 35
- Infrequent Pedestrian use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate Misuse or User Error
- Current protection arrangements:
District Council Ward: Abbey
UK Parliament Constituency: Burton
District Council: East Staffordshire Borough Council
Civil Parish/community: Leigh
County Council: Staffordshire County Council
County Council Electoral Division: Uttoxeter Rural
European Region: West Midlands
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.