Leiston Tmog Level Crossing
Leiston Tmog Level Crossing Location Map
Leiston Tmog Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.2099 / 52°12'35"N
Longitude: 1.5747 / 1°34'28"E
OS Eastings: 644320
OS Northings: 262882
OS Grid: TM443628
Mapcode National: GBR XQH.GXP
Mapcode Global: VHM7Q.7QV6
- Name: Leiston Tmog
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manned Gates
- Location: Leiston CP
- Postcode: IP164HB
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: SIZ
- Distance: 95 miles 5 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: June 2015
- Next assessment due: September 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 25 mph
- Trains per day: 2
- 3483 Vehicles
- 189 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Infrequent Trains
- Large Numbers of users
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council Electoral Division: Aldeburgh and Leiston
European Region: Eastern
Civil Parish/community: Leiston
District Council Ward: Leiston
UK Parliament Constituency: Suffolk Coastal
District Council: Suffolk Coastal District Council
County Council: Suffolk County Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.