Lenthay Level Crossing
Lenthay Level Crossing Location Map
Lenthay Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.9357 / 50°56'8"N
Longitude: -2.5362 / 2°32'10"W
OS Eastings: 362421
OS Northings: 115278
OS Grid: ST624152
Mapcode National: GBR MT.P78L
Mapcode Global: FRA 56KM.RRZ
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Lenthay Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Lenthay
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Sherborne CP
- Postcode: DT9 6AH
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: BAE2
- Distance: 119 miles 15 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: February 2015
- Next assessment due: May 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 85 mph
- Trains per day: 47
- 18 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council: Dorset County Council
Civil Parish/community: Sherborne
County Council Electoral Division: Sherborne
District Council Ward: Sherborne West
European Region: South West
UK Parliament Constituency: West Dorset
District Council: West Dorset District Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.