Lewell Level Crossing
West Knighton, Dorset
Lewell Level Crossing Location Map
Lewell Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.7029 / 50°42'10"N
Longitude: -2.368 / 2°22'4"W
OS Eastings: 374110
OS Northings: 89319
OS Grid: SY741893
Mapcode National: GBR 0ZM.VHW
Mapcode Global: FRA 57X7.58W
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Lewell Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Lewell
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: West Knighton CP
- Postcode: DT2 8AW
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: BML2
- Distance: 132 miles 55 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: September 2015
- Next assessment due: December 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 85 mph
- Trains per day: 67
- 3 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
District Council Ward: Broadmayne & Crossways
County Council: Dorset County Council
County Council Electoral Division: Linden Lea
European Region: South West
UK Parliament Constituency: West Dorset
District Council: West Dorset District Council
Civil Parish/community: West Knighton
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.