Linby Station Level Crossing
Linby Station Level Crossing Location Map
Linby Station Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 53.052 / 53°3'7"N
Longitude: -1.2071 / 1°12'25"W
OS Eastings: 453247
OS Northings: 350820
OS Grid: SK532508
Mapcode National: GBR 8GB.MN5
Mapcode Global: WHDGC.FKF4
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Linby Station Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Linby Station
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Barriers
- Location: Linby CP
- Postcode: NG158AH
- Route: Midland and Continental
- ELR: RAC
- Distance: 132 miles 69 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
2 (Very High)
- Last assessment: October 2015
- Next assessment due: January 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 50 mph
- Trains per day: 56
- 8289 Vehicles
- 243 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Large Numbers of users
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
European Region: East Midlands
District Council: Gedling Borough Council
Civil Parish/community: Linby
County Council Electoral Division: Newstead
District Council Ward: Newstead Abbey
County Council: Nottinghamshire County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Sherwood
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.