Litchfield Grange Level Crossing
South Otterington, North Yorkshire
Litchfield Grange Level Crossing Location Map
Litchfield Grange Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 54.275 / 54°16'29"N
Longitude: -1.4117 / 1°24'42"W
OS Eastings: 438406
OS Northings: 486751
OS Grid: SE384867
Mapcode National: GBR LML0.59
Mapcode Global: WHD88.9T03
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Litchfield Grange Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Litchfield Grange
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: South Otterington CP
- Postcode: YO7 4DJ
- Route: London North East
- ELR: ECM5
- Distance: 25 miles 63 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: April 2020
- Next assessment due: July 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 125
- Trains per day: 301
- Infrequent Pedestrian use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
District Council: Hambleton District Council
District Council Ward: Morton-on-Swale
County Council: North Yorkshire County Council
Civil Parish/community: South Otterington
County Council Electoral Division: Sowerby
UK Parliament Constituency: Thirsk and Malton
European Region: Yorkshire and the Humber
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.