Little Langford Level Crossing
Steeple Langford, Wiltshire
Little Langford Level Crossing Location Map
Little Langford Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.1277 / 51°7'39"N
Longitude: -1.9338 / 1°56'1"W
OS Eastings: 404726
OS Northings: 136498
OS Grid: SU047364
Mapcode National: GBR 3Z4.9WL
Mapcode Global: VHB5G.FXJC
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Little Langford Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Little Langford
- Crossing Type: Private Footpath Crossing
- Location: Steeple Langford CP
- Postcode: SP3 4NP
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: SAL
- Distance: 126 miles 76 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: June 2015
- Next assessment due: September 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 84
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
UK Parliament Constituency: Salisbury
European Region: South West
Civil Parish/community: Steeple Langford
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Till and Wylye Valley
Unitary Authority: Wiltshire Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.