Llandovery railway station serves the market town of Llandovery, Carmarthenshire, Wales. The station is on the Heart of Wales Line 42 miles (68 km) north east of Swansea and is located at Tywi Avenue. It was opened by the independent Vale of Towy Railway company in 1858 as the terminus of a branch from Llandeilo, although the VoTR was soon leased by the Llanelly Railway (which had built the route northwards from Llanelli in stages between 1833 and 1852). The Llanelly company in turn soon became part of the GWR. The LNWR's Central Wales Extension Railway arrived from the north a decade later to complete the through route between Craven Arms and Swansea, with the LNWR and GWR taking joint control of the Llandovery to Llandeilo section. All trains serving the station are operated by Arriva Trains Wales. There is a passing loop and level crossing at the station, but the signal box that formerly operated them was closed in 1986. The token instruments for the single line and crossing are both operated by the train crew under the supervision of the signaller at Pantyffynnon. The loop is in use again after the point machines were renewed in June 2010. Refurbished station buildings were opened by Prince Charles in June 2011, some 19 years after they were closed.
(Links open in a new window)
|Month||Total Crime||Antisocial Behaviour||Theft from Person||Bicycle Theft||Shoplifting||Robbery||Burglary||Other Theft||Vehicle Crime||Drugs||Weapons||Public Order||Criminal Damage & Arson||Violent Crime||Other Crime|