Lowfield Level Crossing
Lowfield Level Crossing Location Map
Lowfield Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 53.6347 / 53°38'4"N
Longitude: -1.1642 / 1°9'51"W
OS Eastings: 455361
OS Northings: 415678
OS Grid: SE553156
Mapcode National: GBR NV9D.RS
Mapcode Global: WHDCH.2WWY
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Lowfield Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Lowfield
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: Norton CP
- Postcode: DN6 9WY
- Route: London North East
- ELR: KWS0
- Distance: 64 miles 71 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: August 2020
- Next assessment due: November 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 60
- Trains per day: 39
- Infrequent vehicular use
- 4 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
- Gates or Barriers
Metropolitan District: Doncaster Borough Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Doncaster North
Civil Parish/community: Norton
Metropolitan District Ward: Norton & Askern
European Region: Yorkshire and the Humber
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.