Ludlow Level Crossing
Ludlow Level Crossing Location Map
Ludlow Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.3642 / 52°21'51"N
Longitude: -2.7027 / 2°42'9"W
OS Eastings: 352250
OS Northings: 274250
OS Grid: SO522742
Mapcode National: GBR BL.S3BT
Mapcode Global: VH844.3TKZ
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Ludlow Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Ludlow
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing with Whistleboards
- Location: Ludlow CP
- Postcode: SY8 1JX
- Route: Wales
- ELR: SHL0
- Distance: 28 miles 21 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: July 2020
- Next assessment due: October 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 80
- Trains per day: 94
- 17 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Sun Glare
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
- Gates or stiles
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (06:00 to 23:59)
UK Parliament Constituency: Ludlow
Civil Parish/community: Ludlow
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Ludlow South
Unitary Authority: Shropshire Council
European Region: West Midlands
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.