Luffenham Level Crossing
South Luffenham, Rutland
Luffenham Level Crossing Location Map
Luffenham Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.6133 / 52°36'47"N
Longitude: -0.6054 / 0°36'19"W
OS Eastings: 494522
OS Northings: 302634
OS Grid: SK945026
Mapcode National: GBR DTV.3RW
Mapcode Global: WHGM1.NKXY
- Name: Luffenham
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manned Barriers CCTV Monitored
- Location: South Luffenham CP
- Postcode: LE158NG
- Route: Midland and Continental
- ELR: PMJ
- Distance: 4 miles 10 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: February 2015
- Next assessment due: May 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 90 mph
- Trains per day: 76
- 1219 Vehicles
- 30 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 2 incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Large Numbers of HGVs
- RD Visibility
- Crossing Approach
- Current protection arrangements:
- Train signalling protection
- CCTV monitoring by Signaller
- Full barrier equipment
- Road traffic light signals
- Audible alarm
European Region: East Midlands
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Normanton
UK Parliament Constituency: Rutland and Melton
Unitary Authority: Rutland County Council
Civil Parish/community: South Luffenham
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.