Macdougal Level Crossing
Macdougal Level Crossing Location Map
Macdougal Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.2288 / 51°13'43"N
Longitude: 0.4133 / 0°24'47"E
OS Eastings: 568594
OS Northings: 150498
OS Grid: TQ685504
Mapcode National: GBR NQ4.WVH
Mapcode Global: VHJMK.3CVW
- Name: Macdougal
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Nettlestead CP
- Postcode: ME186HN
- Route: Kent
- ELR: PWS1
- Distance: 38 miles 29 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: July 2015
- Next assessment due: October 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 30 mph
- Trains per day: 55
- 2 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
County Council: Kent County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Maidstone and The Weald
District Council: Maidstone Borough Council
County Council Electoral Division: Maidstone Rural West
District Council Ward: Marden and Yalding
Civil Parish/community: Nettlestead
European Region: South East
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.