Maerdy Level Crossing
Maerdy Level Crossing Location Map
Maerdy Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.773 / 51°46'22"N
Longitude: -2.9723 / 2°58'20"W
OS Eastings: 333006
OS Northings: 208700
OS Grid: SO330087
Mapcode National: GBR F7.ZHBH
Mapcode Global: VH79F.FPHQ
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Maerdy Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Maerdy
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Llanover Community
- Postcode: NP7 9DD
- Route: Wales
- ELR: HNL1
- Distance: 26 miles 41 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: February 2015
- Next assessment due: May 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 80 mph
- Trains per day: 94
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Llanover
Civil Parish/community: Llanover Community
UK Parliament Constituency: Monmouth
Welsh Assembly Constituency: Monmouth
Unitary Authority: Monmouthshire Council
Welsh Assembly Region: South Wales East
European Region: Wales
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.