Marsh Level Crossing
Marsh Level Crossing Location Map
Marsh Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.1484 / 50°8'54"N
Longitude: -5.4628 / 5°27'46"W
OS Eastings: 152709
OS Northings: 33337
OS Grid: SW527333
Mapcode National: GBR DXW9.4J0
Mapcode Global: VH12T.8JCL
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Marsh Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Marsh
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Ludgvan CP
- Postcode: TR209BP
- Route: Western
- ELR: MLN
- Distance: 322 miles 59 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: July 2014
- Next assessment due: September 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 42
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
Unitary Authority: Cornwall Council
Civil Parish/community: Ludgvan
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Ludgvan
European Region: South West
UK Parliament Constituency: St Ives
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.