Megaloughton Lane Level Crossing
Megaloughton Lane Level Crossing Location Map
Megaloughton Lane Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.9138 / 52°54'49"N
Longitude: -1.4191 / 1°25'8"W
OS Eastings: 439157
OS Northings: 335308
OS Grid: SK391353
Mapcode National: GBR PYJ.ZV
Mapcode Global: WHDH1.51H1
- Name: Megaloughton Lane
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: City of Derby (B)
- Postcode: DE217ND
- Route: Midland and Continental
- ELR: SPC6
- Distance: 126 miles 20 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: September 2015
- Next assessment due: December 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph (up)
85 mph (down)
- Trains per day: 186
- 27 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Large Numbers of users
- Sun Glare
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
Unitary Authority: Derby City Council
European Region: East Midlands
UK Parliament Constituency: Mid Derbyshire
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Spondon
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.